The New Turkey, a global news-analysis web portal, is looking for a full-time assistant editor, who will help to manage the site's editorial activities, conceptualize, commission, and edit various online features, and shape short and long term development priorities.
Position: Assistant Editor
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Strong interest in international politics and a suitable academic background
- Ability to deal with a wide range of tasks on short deadlines
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, including both written & verbal skills
- Editing experience and experience with digital publishing (preferred)
- Full-time work at the SETA Istanbul office
- CV (that gives information about the applicant’s academic background and previous job experience)
- Two writing samples in English (published or unpublished)
- 500-word statement outlining a vision for how The New Turkey should develop its Web presence4
- Letter/s of reference (preferred)
Note: Applicants who pass the first round of qualifications will be invited to an interview, which will be held at the SETA Istanbul Office.
Application Deadline: 18 April 2017