The New Turkey, global news-analysis web portal, is looking for a full-time assistant editor, who will help to manage the site's editorial activities; conceptualize, commission, and edit various online features; and shape short- and long-term development priorities.
Position: Assistant Editor
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Strong interest in international politics and a suitable academic background
- Ability to deal with a wide range of tasks on short deadlines
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, including both written & verbal skills
- Editing experience and experience with digital publishing (preferred)
- Full-time work at SETA Istanbul office
- CV (that gives information about the applicant’s academic background and previous job experience)
- Two writing samples in English
- 500-word statement outlining a vision for how The New Turkey should develop its Web presence
- Letter/s of reference (preferred)
Applicants who pass the first round of qualifications will be invited to an interview, which will be held at SETA Istanbul Office.
Please submit the documents online.
Application Deadline: 18 September 2016
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com